We offer a range of workshops and drop-in sessions designed to enhance your digital skills. No experience is necessary; simply sign-up, turn up and learn something new.
The vast majority of our training sessions take place in L408 in the All Saints Library; however, Classroom Technology sessions will take place around the campus and the rooms will be clearly signposted.
Can't find what you're looking for? We can design a bespoke training session for you and your team.
The below list runs from SEPTEMBER - DECEMBER 2018
are you new to Excel? This session will teach you the foundations of creating a spreadsheet.
MyHR code: BS-EXCEL
- Monday 17th September, L408, 11am-12pm
- Thursday 27th September, L408, 11am-12pm
- Friday 12th October, L408, 10am-11am
- Tuesday 23rd October, L408, 2pm-3pm
- Wednesday 7th November, L408, 2pm-3pm
Did you know that every member of ManMet staff has 1TB of online storage? Come along and discover how these exciting, new platforms can transform the way you work and collaborate at Manchester Met
MyHR code: BS-365
- Monday 10th September, L408, 10am-11am
- Monday 24th September, L408, 11am-12pm
- Wednesday 10th October, L408, 10am-11am
- Tuesday 6th November, L408, 2pm-3pm
- Thursday 6th December, L408, 11am-12pm
This session introduces you to OneNote, Microsoft’s primary tool for team collaboration and communication
MyHR code: BS-ONE
- Wednesday 19th September, L408, 10am-11am
- Monday 1st October, L408, 9:30am-10:30am
- Monday 15th October, L408, 2pm-3pm
- Wednesday 31st October, L408, 11am-12pm
- Tuesday 13th November, L408, 10am-11am
NEW SESSION: SWAY is a new kind of presentation tool. Unlike PowerPoint, SWAY can be shared and updated instantly - making it perfect for policies, kiosks, and change control. It's perfect for smartphones and mobile devices and can be embedded onto straight into your website or VLE, making it perfect for guides and study materials.
MyHR code: BS-SWAY
- Wednesday 26th September, L408, 10am-11am
- Tuesday 9th October, L408, 10am-11am
- Thursday 25th October, L408, 2pm-3pm
- Thursday 8th November, L408, 11am-12pm
- Thursday 22nd November, L408, 2pm-3pm
The primary email client for Manchester Met is Microsoft Outlook. This session will give you a good overview of some of the best working practices for using Outlook on your computer, laptop or mobile device. We'll also offer some tips and tricks for making your email life easier.
MyHR code: BS-DETOX
- Wednesday 12th September, L408, 10am-11am
- Tuesday 25th September, L408, 11am-12pm
- Tuesday 23rd October, L408, 10am-11am
- Monday 19th November, L408, 11am-12pm
- Wednesday 5th December, L408, 10am-11am
Whether you're writing academically or delivering a monthly report, Microsoft Word can do a lot of the hard work for you! This session will teach you how to create an automated table of contents, learn how to use styles, page breaks and mail merges.
MyHR code: BS-WORD
- Friday 14th September, L408, 11am-12:30pm
- Wednesday 3rd October, L408, 10am-11:30am
- Friday 19th October, L408, 2pm-3:30pm
- Monday 12th November, L408, 11am-12:30pm
- Friday 30th November, L408, 10am-11:30pm